Friday, September 20, 2013

MY KIDNAPPERS GAVE ME N200 - KIDNAPPED ANGLICAN ARCHBISHOP IGNATIUS KATTEY


MY KIDNAPPERS GAVE ME N200 - KIDNAPPED ANGLICAN ARCHBISHOP IGNATIUS KATTEY

It is no news that Archbishop Kattey of Anglican Communion Church in the Niger Delta region who was kidnapped few weeks ago has been released.
The now free Reverend Ignatius Kattey has debunked claims by the Rivers State Police Command that it came to his rescue when he was kidnapped.  Archbishop Kattey, who is the Dean of the Nigerian Anglican Communion, disclosed this on Wednesday during a press briefing at Eleme, Rivers State saying:
The police did not rescue me. They were not the ones who rescued my wife, Beatrice. I saw the police for the first time two days ago since the incident. I have heard the statements made by the Rivers PPRO. The police are telling lies. If you cannot trust the police again, then who can you trust? I told the Commissioner of Police and he has apologised. I know they made efforts but they did not rescue me and my wife. A helicopter flew over the area more than 500 times, but the boys (kidnappers) were smarter. They held me with them in a thick forest and no one could see me there.
On the day of my release (Saturday, Sepember14), they moved me and we trekked a number of kilometers till we got to a road. Then they gave me N200 and ordered me to walk to the direction where I could get a bike.
We thank God for His mercies because I wouldn’t even wish my enemy to go through that experience. I was not tortured. They fed me with fast food once a day, sometimes with boli. They tied and chained my legs, but one of them said you can’t chain this man. I slept on the ground. I was beaten by rain and mosquitoes like them for up to seven days. Iam an old man of 65 years. I had no choice than to stay and swim in the forest with them”.


TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED SAYS THE LORD. Thank God for his safe release.  

No comments: